Do you want the benefits of being a published author without having all the work on your shoulders?
Books are the new business cards. They demonstrate your authority, expand your credibility, and give your followers and prospective clients a taste of your work and a way to connect with your business and your personal practices.
If you’ve ever written a book, or know someone who has, you know they’re a big commitment in terms of time and financial resources. Plus, in most cases, there’s not an immediate return on your investment. A longer ROI doesn’t make the book any less valuable. However, the steep monetary and time-consuming venture makes publishing a book out of reach for many authors—until now.
What if you could write only one chapter of a book, spend a fraction of the overall cost, and garner all the benefits of being a published author while a professional team managed all the moving parts and pieces on your behalf?
In collaboration with Hope2K9 and the Industry Leader’s Unleash Your Dog’s Best virtual summit, we’re offering an opportunity for 10 to 20 dog trainers, animal welfare organizations, and owners to participate in a collaborative book, “It’s Not Your Dog—It’s YOU.”
The book will enable trainers, activists, and owners to share a personal or client story related to a dog’s behavior and the ways the dog’s behavior was directly linked to and resolved by managing the owner’s behavior. Through storytelling, the book will highlight the author’s business while informing and connecting with readers.
As a collaborative book author, you’ll…
- Become a published author! Contribute one chapter of the book by writing an experience that details the relationship between a dog’s behavior and the owner’s behavior.
- Share your story and perspective! Choose from suggested writing prompts or create your own. The book is open to all views and expressions related to your experience of dogs and their owner’s behavior.
- Learn about writing and positioning your story! Collaborate with a professional editor to ensure your story accurately maintains your voice while drawing readers in and positioning your business.
- Maintain the final say! Decide on the edits that resonate with you and approve the final draft of your chapter to be included in the book.
- Secure physical copies of the book! Receive 10 paperback copies of the book. (Arrangements can be made for additional copies or to have your own print run.)
- Acquire marketing collateral for your business! Aside from the book itself, the project will be supported by social media and publicity that features your story and organization.
The book collaboration and publication will…
- Connect you with other Industry Leaders looking to unleash their dog’s best, share stories, and educate others on dog and owner behavior.
- Expand your influence as other authors and organizations share the messages and collaborative book.
- Be managed by proficient and experienced editing, project management, graphic design, and publishing teams.
- Have an attractive and professionally designed cover, voted on and chosen by the authors.
- Include expert curation, formatting, and publication of Amazon paperback and ebook versions.
- Supply a detailed and cohesive launch plan for your team to follow.
- Be positioned to obtain Amazon best-seller status.
- Provide a press release with details for potential media coverage.
- Contain sharable social media graphics to promote the book, your story, and your business.
- Support Hope2K9’s non-profit rescue through book royalties.
Collaborative Book Discussion with Cameron Thompson of Hope2K9
Here’s what users of the process had to say:
I appreciate the clarity of thought and the encouragement Melissa offers in a process that seems beyond the average person’s realm of possibility. She makes the impossible, possible.
It’s a very professional process while also making it a personal experience for each individual.